Fall Football Food Favorites!
Courtesy of VitalMeals
Take pepperoni slices (preferably nitrate-free)—spread them in a single layer on a microwave dish. Cook in microwave for one minute or longer (depending on wattage) until crisp. Enjoy as a snack along with cheese cubes. They also taste great served with a dip!
Guilt Free Buffalo Wings
11 net carbs per ½ lb. wings
3 lbs. chicken wings, split at the joints with tips removed
4 stalks celery (cut into thirds)
4 carrots (cut in ½)
2 bay leaves
1-cup chicken broth
1-cup hot sauce
2 Tbsp paprika
2 Tbsp unsalted butter
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees and spray baking sheet with olive oil.
- Put chicken wings in a deep skillet, add 3 pieces of celery, 3 pieces of carrot, bay leaves, chicken broth, hot sauce, paprika, butter, and ½ cup water and bring to simmer over medium heat.
- Simmer until chicken is almost cooked through (18 -20 minutes.)
- Transfer wings to baking sheet and arrange in a single layer. Bake until thoroughly cooked and crispy.
- Reserve the sauce in the skillet. Heat over medium-low heat until slightly thickened (about 15 minutes.)
- Discard celery, carrot, and bay leaves.
- Reserve ¼ sauce for serving. Leave the rest in the skillet and add the wings back in and toss with remaining sauce.
- Serve with reserved sauce and blue cheese dressing.
- Cut the remaining carrots and celery into sticks and serve on the side!
VitalMeals is a VitalSigns physician designed and directed lifestyle service to help you safely Feel Better. Think More Clearly. Live Longer.