A Very Merry Christmas From Our Table to Yours
the VitalMeals Team
Cherry Glazed Ham
6 net carbs per serving (yields 4 servings)
- 1/2 cup cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup sugar-free cherry syrup
- 2 Tbsp dry sherry
- Dash of cloves
- 6 packets splenda, stevia, or truvia
- 2 thick slices (3/4 lb. each) lean ham
- 1 Tbsp butter
1. In a large saucepan, heat cherry pie filling with sherry and cloves. Bring to a boil and boil 1 minute. Add cherry syrup and artificial sweetener. Return to a boil, boiling for an additional minute. Remove from heat.
2. Allow the sauce to sit and thicken.
3. While sauce is thickening, cut the edges of the ham slices to keep them from curling and then brown the slices in butter for 5-8 minutes in a skillet over medium-high heat.
4. Remove the ham slices and top with the cherry sauce.
Sugar Free Sweet Potato Casserole
20 net carbs per serving (yields 12, 1/2 cup servings)
- 3 lbs sweet potatoes
- 1 1/2 cups pecan pieces
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 5 Tbsp butter
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup stevia
1. Make several holes in sweet potatoes and roast at 400 degrees for about 45 minutes, or until soft.
2. While sweet potatoes are roasting, make the topping by using a food processor to pulse 1 cup of the pecans until they are in a “meal” consistency. Add 1/4 cup stevia, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1/2 tsp nutmeg, 2 Tbsp butter, salt and pepper. Blend well.
3. Once sweet potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool for 10-15 minutes and then cut in half and place in food processor and blend well with the above mixture. Reduce oven temp to 375 degrees.
4. Add the egg.
5. Put the mixture into a buttered baking dish and top with the remaining 1/2 cup of pecans, 1 tsp cinnamon, and 3 Tbsp butter. Bake at 375 degrees until topping browns.