One of the the many great things about visiting my grandparents is the fact that they send me home with goodies! They were so excited about the weight loss I have seen that they didn’t want to sabotage me. When they found out that pecans are a low carb snack option for me then they sent me how with two ziploc bags of freshly shelled pecans! I couldn’t wait to get them home and in the oven. I remember Mom used to butter, salt and roast pecans when I was younger. It was a favorirte snack of mine but it’s been several years since I’ve had them. I found a quick easy recipe on line to prepare these … I did deviate from the recipe at little and added more salt that necessary. You live and learn. 🙂 I was so confident in my ability to make these that I decided to make some more last night and bumped the oven up to 375. Um … yea, they burned. There were about 10 pieces that we edible so … don’t do a Melody … follow the directions. I’m going to see if I can come up with a sweet version of these … maybe a little cocoa powder? Of course I know this will increase the carbs a little but some times you just need a little sweet goodness in your day. 🙂 Below is the recipe along with the website where I got the recipe from. As you can tell by the picture I didn’t do a whole pound of peacans. It was more like 3 cups or so.
1 cup of pecan halves = 4.6 net carbs
- 1 pound pecan halves
- 4 tablespoons salted butter
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place pecan halves on a half sheet pan or cookie sheet, being sure to spread evenly on the pan.
- Break pats of butter into small pieces and place on pecan halves.
- Sprinkle salt all over the pecans.
- Place pan into oven and bake for 10 minutes, then stir gently, turning the pecans as you stir.
- Cook another 10 minutes, watching carefully to make sure they do not over brown.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly.